We-Nup Terms and Conditions
If you buy services on our website http://wenup.co.uk (our ‘Website’) or following any interaction with us, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions (‘Terms’). Please read them carefully before you place any orders for our services, as they set out important information about your and our rights and obligations.
You must agree to these Terms before you place your order. You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the UK to place an order on our website.
Your attention is particularly drawn to clause 4.2, clause 7 (Providing our services) and clause 13 (Our responsibility to you) of these Terms, which sets out important limits and exclusions of our liability to you.
You are responsible for the appropriate use and adaption of our nuptial agreement/s (‘Agreement/s’), and you recognise and accept that we are not providing legal advice (such as would be given by a solicitors' firm or barrister in private practice). You recognise and accept that our employees are not practising solicitors or barristers.
We accept no responsibility or liability for ensuring or verifying your identity, that you have understood and approved the Agreement/s, the suitability of the Agreement/s for your intended aims and/or purposes, or your mental capacity.
1) About Us
We are WENUP LTD trading as We-Nup, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 14672498. Our registered office is at No. 15, 7 Alfred Street, London, E3 2BE. Our VAT number is: 438149969
2. How to contact us
You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. These Terms
- Any reference to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in these Terms is to We-Nup, and any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ is to the person placing an order for services.
- We may make changes to these Terms at any time. However, the Terms that apply to your order will be those in force at the time you submitted your order to us.
- Please print out or save a copy of these Terms and any emails from us for your records, as we may not save or file a copy for you. These Terms are only available in English.
- If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
- For the purposes of these Terms, an “order” is a request by you to receive services from us.
- Before making an order for our services, please read our Website carefully to check that our services are suitable for your use. It is entirely your responsibility to ensure that you are eligible to use our services and that they are suitable for your use.
- Please check your order carefully and correct any errors before you submit it to us.
- After you place your order, we will send you an acknowledgment email to let you know that we have received your order. This does not mean that your order has been accepted by us. Your order is an offer to buy services from us on these Terms.
- Acceptance of your order by us takes place when we send you an order confirmation email, at which point a legally binding contract is formed between you and us on these Terms.
- If we do not accept your order, for example because we are unable to take payment, the services are unavailable, you are under 18 or live outside of the UK, or there has been a mistake regarding the pricing or description of the services, we will email you using the details you provided when you placed your order. We have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- In the event that you have made an advance payment, and we are subsequently unable to accept your order, we will refund you as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after we received your payment
All orders are subject to availability. We cannot guarantee that any service will be available at any given time. In certain circumstances beyond our reasonable control, for example where there has been a change in law, we may need to stop providing certain services. If this happens and it affects your order, we will notify you by email, cancel your order and provide you with a refund of any advance payments made by you for any services that have not yet been provided.
6. Making changes to your order
If you would like to make any changes to your order after you have submitted it, please contact us as soon as possible and we will let you know if it is possible to change your order.
7. Providing our services
- A full description of our services is set out on our website.
- Any completion dates stated during the order process, or in your acknowledgment or confirmation emails, are estimates and we rely on your co-operation in order to provide the best possible services to you and within any estimated completion dates.
- Our services are provided over a period of time, and our services include the requirement for you to obtain independent legal advice. You are required to be available for and attend a telecommunication conference with a legal adviser, which we will arrange on your behalf. We are not liable to you for any losses you incur where the provision of our services is delayed or cannot be performed because you fail to attend the telecommunication conference, or if you fail to provide us with adequate instructions or information to allow us to perform the services.
- You are not prevented from instructing another barrister independently or otherwise seeking further legal advice.
- The provision of independent legal advice by a qualified legal adviser will be subject to separate Terms and conditions and shall constitute a separate contract between you and them. You will be provided with the Terms and conditions applicable to the provision of independent legal advice prior to arranging a telecommunication conference with your appointed legal adviser.
- You must attend the telecommunication conference with your appointed legal adviser within 12 months from the date your order was accepted by us. We will not be responsible for refunding you where you fail to attend such within 12 months, and any refunds in such circumstances will be made in our sole and absolute discretion. If you do not show up for your meeting with your appointed legal adviser, or are more than 10 minutes late for your meeting, you may be charged for additional legal time.
- Where a delay is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will usually try to start or restart the services as soon as the issue causing the delay has been resolved. If the services are delayed by more than 7 days, we will email you to let you know and offer you the option to either continue waiting until the issue has been resolved (if this is possible) or to cancel your order and get a refund of any advance payments made by you for any services that have not yet been provided.
- The services and Agreement/s are provided to you for your domestic and personal use only. You must not use our services or Agreement/s for commercial or business purposes.
- We permit you to make limited alternations to the Agreement/s including adding your name, address, and relevant financial and family arrangements or further as advised by your independent legal adviser. No other alterations are permitted save for any obvious errors or omissions that you point out to us that we accept.
- The Agreement/s we provide to you are exclusively for your use and are not intended for resale. They are provided to you on the strict understanding that you are not acting as an agent for any other party. You are not permitted to use or adapt our Agreement/s in any way for the benefit of any other party.
- Our Agreement/s are suitable for use in England and Wales only and are provided in the English language only. Foreign assets may be included in the Agreement/s, and you acknowledge that there are particular difficulties or complexities which may arise in relation to the valuation of foreign assets and the enforcement of Terms of Agreement/s that include foreign assets.
- Agreement/s provided as part of our services will be available for you to download. In the event you are unable to download the Agreement/s, we will provide a replacement as soon as possible and no later than 14 days of your notification that you are unable to do so.
- Prices for our services are set out on our website. All prices are in pounds sterling (£)(GBP) and include VAT at the applicable rate.
- Prices for our services may change at any time. Except as set out in clause 8.3 below, such changes will not affect existing orders. Discount vouchers may be used where such are valid and applicable.
- If there has been an error on the website regarding the pricing of any of our services and this affects your order, we will try to contact you using the contact details you provided when you placed your order. We will give you the option to re-confirm your order at the correct price or to cancel your order. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email.
- We reserve the right to charge for any additional services you request in addition to your order. In the event that you request additional services from us, such services will be subject to a separate order and subject to the applicable Terms and conditions made known to you prior to placing your order.
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards and by online payment providers as advised on our Website from time-to-time. All credit card and debit card payments need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
- We require an advance payment of the total order cost when you place your order. We will take this payment from your chosen payment method when you place your order.
10. Your right to cancel
- You have 14 days from the date of your order confirmation email to change your mind and cancel your order.
- We will not provide any services during the 14-day cancellation period unless you request for us to do so by ticking the relevant box when you place your order. We are under no obligation to accept your request.
- If you request for us to start providing services during the 14-day cancellation period and we agree to do so, this will impact your cancellation rights as follows:
- you lose your right to cancel once the services are fully performed and will not be entitled to a refund even if the cancellation period has not expired;
- if the services have not been fully performed, you will be required to pay for the services we provided up to the time that you told us that you want to cancel.
- To cancel your order, please email us at email@example.com. To help us process your cancellation more quickly, please include your order number in the email you send to us.
- We will provide you with a refund as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after the day on which you told us that you want to cancel. If services have been provided during the cancellation period at your request, we will make deductions from any refund due to you as explained in clause 10.3 above.
- We will issue your refund to the same payment method you used when you placed your order.
11. Faulty services
- We must provide the services to you with reasonable care and skill.
- We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with these Terms which forms our contract with you.
- If a service is not carried out with reasonable care and skill, you can ask us to repeat the service or to fix it or get some money back if we cannot fix it.
- This is a summary of some of your key rights. They are in addition to your cancellation rights set out in clause 10 above. For more detailed information on your rights visit the Citizens Advice website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 0808 223 1133.
- If there is a problem with the services we have provided to you, please contact us as soon as reasonably possible.
12. Events beyond our control
We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
13. Our responsibility to you
- If we breach these Terms or are negligent, we are liable to you for foreseeable loss or damage that you suffer as a result. By ‘foreseeable’ we mean that, at the time the contract was made, it was either clear that such loss or damage would occur, or you and we both knew that it might reasonably occur, as a result of something we did (or failed to do).
- We are not liable to you for any loss or damage that was not foreseeable, any loss or damage not caused by our breach or negligence, or any business loss or damage.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence, liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that the law does not allow us to exclude or limit.
14. Your use of our website and our rights in the agreements
- You are not permitted to use our Website other than in accordance with these Terms and our Website Disclaimer.
- You must not interfere with, disrupt or impede the functioning, integrity or performance of our Website, servers or networks or the data contained therein.
- You must not attempt to disrupt, hack into or interfere in any way whatsoever with our Website, computer system, server, router or any other internet connected device or service.
- You must not circumvent security on the Website or attempt to gain unauthorised access to secure pages of the Website or its related systems or networks.
- You must not send any correspondence that has not been suitably scanned for any software viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other damaging compute code, files, scripts, agents or programs.
- You must not do anything which places an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our Website or system.
- We reserve the right to vary, update or remove the content and/or information on our Website at any time without notice.
- Nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights to you or anyone else. This includes the intellectual property rights and copyright we own in our Agreement/s. You may not use, distribute, or otherwise deal with our Agreement/s otherwise than expressly permitted under these Terms and in accordance with clause 7.9.
- The content or information contained on our Website shall not constitute (or substitute) legal advice and we make no representation, warranty or guarantee that the information on our Website is correct, comprehensive, up to date, that it is applicable to a particular set of facts, or otherwise in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the design and contents of our Website and Agreement/s is reserved to We-Nup.
- We make no representation, warranty or guarantee that our Website will be available at all times. We shall do all that we can to maintain reasonable availability of our website, but we disclaim any and all responsibility for our Website being unavailable for any reason and at any time.
- Our Website may contain hyperlinks which connect you to the websites of other organisations or third parties. We accept no responsibility for the content, information, goods or services available on any other website and have no control over the nature, content or availability of those websites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply our recommendation or endorsement of the content, information, goods or services contained within them. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability for the safety or security of websites belonging to or run by other organisations or third parties.
15. Your information
16. No third party rights
A person who is not a party to these Terms shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms.
17. Transfer of rights
- We may transfer our rights under these Terms to another business without your consent, but we will notify you of the transfer and make sure that your rights are not adversely affected as a result.
- You are not allowed to transfer your rights under these Terms to anyone without our prior written consent.
- If you are unhappy with us or the services we have provided to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints about the professional conduct of a barrister or solicitor you have been referred to can also be referred to the Bar Standards Board or the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
19. Governing law and jurisidiction
- The laws of England and Wales apply to these Terms.
- Any disputes between us will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.